More Books! and things!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Books! and things!

Today I got 3 books - these were surprises except for knowing something was coming from the UPS notices
    Annelies, and 2 of The Old Drift (go figure?)

Instant Win: You’ve instantly won a MUSCLE MILK™ Flex Fit Hat! just a few minutes ago (Thanks Luckycat for the post and info you didn't have to submit a photo)

Instagram ...notified me I won a TOOTH pillow. Cute and I am sure the Grands will use it. None have lost any teeth yet!

I am sure I need to thank Vera for these posts... Notices about winning these received.
    Book from Blog .. The Reading Frenzy Blog -- Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance
    Book- Goodreads Mother Is a Verb: An Unconventional History
    Book - Goodreads The Inbetween Days

I think I may seriously have to slow down entering for books. I am loaded with them. I have about 10-12 I already read and sitting, sold a few on ebay (for a few $'s) - not my preferred way of moving them out of here and gave a few away.
    But am now thinking my house is starting to sink due to the weight of them.. ha ha ha. All in all I am so darn thankful that I have them - And now I just have to make a plan to read, read, read.
    Planning on doing that on the plane both way to and from Florida, and maybe in the airport while waiting for flights.
    Last time I went to Disney I finished a book and left it there in hopes someone would get to read it after me.

Congrats. Does your area have one of those little free librarys that you could leave read books in or take one. Its like leave 1 take 1. They have a map on their site you can search to find any near you. https://littlefreelibrary.org

Comment

wow you're on a roll! Wtg on your wins! Glad u won a hat from sweep i posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Justravlin View Post
        Congrats. Does your area have one of those little free librarys that you could leave read books in or take one. Its like leave 1 take 1. They have a map on their site you can search to find any near you. https://littlefreelibrary.org
        Yes, there is one nearby. I will have to drive by with some books and see if I can fit them into it. But not today. We have to bring grandson home and then it's supposed to snow this afternoon. Maybe after I get back from Florida - I'll make it a point to do just that.

***Update, when I used "near me" instead of my zip code. Came up with at least 20-30 of them... wow. That might work!!

We do have a used book store and I guess I could take the dozen or so there first -- or there is goodwill and such around here and LOTS and LOTS of book collection boxes (but I have no idea what they do with the books - and think they are "commercial" ventures and not really donations").

Most of these books aren't old, worn or torn - just read once so I am hoping I can find them a local home. Hummmm made me think there is a womens shelter not too far away. Maybe I'll look it up and call over there to see if they want them.
        Last edited by TOYSTORY; 01-12-2019, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Congrats! I got the same 2 books (but only 1 copy of The Old Drift)

I stopped entering at Goodreads because I fell behind in reading & reviews - I felt guilty about not keeping up with it all.

Jo, several of our local libraries have annual book sales & will accept donations. My library has a room in the back where they sell books all year round for $.50-$1, and they also sell the better condition and newer books at a separate store called The Corner Bookstore.

Comment

Jo the hospital area likes donations also. When BIL was in ICU I left several I had read up there. Familly sometimes have long waits there.

Comment

Great idea's and will find a place to give them a good home once I return from Florida. That's for all the suggestions!

Comment

Working...
              X