Do you enter Contests?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you enter Contests?

I entered a few writing contests when they wanted only about 200 words or so on a subject. I won 2 of these.
    And I've entered picture ones (me and the companies product) and did win $250 Visa on one of them.

But.. I don't do dances and other things like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As the NFL’s first-ever presenting sponsor for both the AFC and NFC Championship Games, we’re celebrating the moments when your favorite team scores a touchdown, or your TurboTax Live CPA helps you score your maximum tax refund. Join the celebration and enter for the chance to win $5,000!

1. Share your celebration dance on Twitter or Instagram by February 3, 2019
    2. Follow and tag @TurboTax
    3. Use #TaxTouchdown + #sweepstakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Do you enter writing contests?
    66.67%
    Do you enter picture contests (you and the product)?
    100.00%
    Do you enter making a fool out of yourself contests?
    0%
    Last edited by d7dot; 03-10-2019, 09:25 PM.

I won a Jackson Hewitt contest where you had to take a photo in front of a JH location, and I won a free coupon for a photo of my dog.
    Winningsmile

Comment

how do i vote? i dont see a voting button

Comment

You click on the box? Do you see those? It puts in a checkmark and then "vote now"...
        I can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
          You click on the box? Do you see those? It puts in a checkmark and then "vote now"...
          I can see them.
          i dont see that option--is it still an open poll? when i do polls here i never set an ending date i leave it open forever so new members can vote at their leisure

Comment

no matter i will just say my answer here: yes i enter essay and photography and making a fool of yourself contests. I remember in the 1980's where u had to take a pic with a bunch of people for RC cola-so whole family piled into a hot tub. I think we all won tshirts. I won $500 last year with essay contest-however it was an iheart sweep and i wasnt able to answer phone when they called because i was at work so lost that prize. Won an apron from a pillsbury recipe contest.
            Last edited by Luckycat; 03-11-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I have won a few essay contests and so has my sister Ann. We also help with essays for family members when they have to do them -- it helps to have someone else read it and bounce off ideas.
              We kid about doing more of those.. but we really don't. I guess my excuse is time -- seems to be at a premium for me all the time.

I have held up a can of beer wrapped with a printed out black and white label (they provided) and won a $250 gift card.

But most of the time I don't.

And just for the record, I can see the blocks on the original post -- am not sure why you cant'. Sorry I can't fix that for you!

Comment

this is the poll i see-might have to use another browser though i've always been able to do and see polls using this browser
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't see the voting boxes either - But I have already voted in the poll and my guess is that once you do that, the boxes disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by d7dot View Post
                    I don't see the voting boxes either - But I have already voted in the poll and my guess is that once you do that, the boxes disappear.
                    right only thing is i never voted yet so im thinking if the box was checked to have an ending time then maybe its closed?

can someone else who didnt vote in this poll yet see if u can cast your vote please? thx

Comment

As a suggestion, why not start a new separate Poll, add a few more questions and see how that goes. Any user can post a new poll and that may be the best way to to "re-open" this line of questions. I don't seem to be able to edit Toystory's post or reactivate the poll buttons for this thread.

Comment

Funny because it looks fine to me. ..... I must be in a parallel universe... :LOL
                        Wow... gotta love this. It's my post, but I can go up check boxes, etc. etc.
                        Now that's spooky!

Thanks for trying to fix it Brad. Make a new one if you are so inclined LuckyCat.
                        Last edited by TOYSTORY; 03-11-2019, 01:25 AM.

Comment

This is what I see... just did screen shot. And on the post I can still click on the boxes...for a reply. YUP -- parallel universe!

Comment

I see the boxes clearly Jo, no clue on this issue. Maybe because it's "your" poll post?

Comment

Yes, well, this is just "one of those things" -- and making a new poll will not bother me at all -- if luckycat wants to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
                                Yes, well, this is just "one of those things" -- and making a new poll will not bother me at all -- if luckycat wants to do it.
                                really its no big deal guys lol

Comment

Working...
                                X