Do you Belong to a Sweeps Club? What are the Pros and Cons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Belong to a Sweeps Club? What are the Pros and Cons

Do you Belong to a Sweeps Club? What are the Pros and Cons of membership?
    Yes, I currently belong to a Sweeps Club
    33.33%
    No, but I have belonged to a Club in the past
    33.33%
    No. Never
    33.33%
    No Clubs in my Area
    0%
    No interest in joining a Club
    0%

I belonged to a sweep club prob 15 yrs ago I think i went to 3 meetings-my mom went to one. Some members were nice and supportive of everyones wins while others including the club president acted petty and rolled their eyes whenever someone talked abt winning stuff. So i decided it was my limited time could be better spent so i stopped going. If there was a club close to me i might consider trying it out.

Comment

Google tells me that there are the following clubs in Florida, and lists a little about each one. FL - Florida
      SOUTHWEST GULF COAST SWEEPERS (Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte Counties)
      We meet quarterly. Sweepers who are interested in attending should contact BJ Grant at bj.grant@att.net for full details.

CENTRAL FLORIDA SWEEPERS
      Meetings are held monthly the second Saturday of every monthWe meet at the Central Florida Kidney Center, 203 Ernestine Street, Orlando, FL 32801. Our drawings are for three 49 cent stamps, three #10 white stamped envelopes, three #10 decorated stamped envelopes, and three stamped 4x6 picture postcards. We welcome guests and prospective members. For more information please click here to contact Kathy Mattox at matkat80@cfl.rr.com or Cecilia Beasley at cebbird@gmail.com

NEW CENTRAL FLORIDA CLUB
      New sweepstakes club forming in Clermont. Call Pat or Thom @ 352-404-9127 for more information or check out our web: southlakesweeps.weebly.com

TAMPA BAY SWEEPANEERS
      Monthly meetings. If interested, contact Nancy Klein at 5kleins@verizon.net. You will be sent the info on our next meeting.

TREASURE HUNTERS (South Florida)
      The Treasure Hunters of South Florida still meet on the third Saturday of each month. Because we have members from Miami to Jupiter, we meet in the middle - in Pompano Beach. We meet at Bobby Rubino's located at 2501 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach. Order from the lunch menu ($7 burger to $10 prime rib, BBQ ribs, etc.), food is good and in a private area. We have optional drawings for $5 lottery tickets and 10 stamps. Contact: Fran Perry at franperry4@aol.com or Abbey Kessman at abbeykessman@gmail.com for further information.

The Miami Sweepstakes Club
      is no longer meeting. For possible future meetings, email Alicia or call: (305) 229-2800 or (305) 559-5791.

WINNER'S CIRCLE OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA
      2323 Del Prado Blvd. # 7-142, Cape Coral, FL 33990. We meet on the third Saturday of the month. If you wish to be on the notification list, please email Mil at wcswfmil@aol.com (put 'Winner’s Circle' in subject area).

PENSACOLA PANHANDLERS (Crestview, FL to Gulf Shores, AL). The great location is an easy drive from many Southern Alabama and Northern FL locations. We meet once a month usually on the third Saturday of the month. If you would like to meet some great people who share this fantastic hobby, please email Marilyn at idlaaa@ymail.com for full details.

Mid-Florida Sunshine Sweepers
      If you live in Marion, Citrus, Levy or Hernando Counties and you've been wanting to join a Sweeps Club, we're up and running! We meet once a month - Only $1 to join and $1 each meeting. Come share experiences, wins, and let downs along with various mini workshops. There'll be optional drawings for 1st class stamps, postcard stamps etc. For now, meetings will be in Citrus County at 1049 E Norvell Bryant Hwy in Hernando.

Comment

I belonged for a time (3+ years about) to MetroSweepers. I recently didn't renew my membership because I have made only like 2 meetings and the 3 Christmas parties in 3 years. It's an hour or more to drive there from my house and that's a lot of time wasted on the road for me. Plus I usually have my grandson here Friday night to Saturday and when I went, I had to cancel that or bring him home really early 30 minutes in the opposite direction of the meeting location.

I liked everyone there, all were nice -- super helpful and all of that. I loved hearing about other peoples wins. They helped me understand stuff with the new methods like instagram and shazam. I won 50/50 and stamps and grab bag - almost every meeting won something. They were focused on local and radio sweeps and they won tons and tons that way. Once I won tickets and I had to pick them up in Baltimore. I just couldn't drive all that way for them. One of the other ladies volunteered as she lived close and mailed them to me. We took my grandson to the show. It was great and he loved it, but had to go to Baltimore to the show too. I just can't do the hour (each way) for prizes. And as many of you know I don't like noise (radio, etc), so I don't do those either. So it seems I wasn't quite close enough or aligned enough to really participate fully in all the wonderful sweeps they shared.

One of the ladies who handled most of the stuff moved, and they made a committee for doing the things she used to do (share the responsibilities) and made some really good updates to the way they do things.
        I am just sorry it's not closer to me.

Comment

Working...
        X