Have You Ever Won a Vehicle?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Won a Vehicle?

Have You Ever Won a Vehicle? If yes tell us about your vehicle win-which sweep,how many times did you enter and anything else you care to share!
    yes I won One
    0%
    yes i won More than One
    0%
    Not Yet
    100.00%

im in the "not yet" club! My mom won a penzoil sweep-her choice of a cadillac or 25K-she took the car! That sweep had a car or cash winner in every state!

Comment

I also am in the Not Yet category, but I do not shy from entering those sweeps. Yes, the tax cut is a lot, but you still own a vehicle at about 25% of the cost of new retail depending upon your tax status.

Comment

Not yet, but I keep trying to find smaller economy-type vehicle sweeps. I tried hard to win the "Ballard Bug" -- VW Beetle, with no luck. But I will keep trying. My 1986 Dodge Caravan still looks almost like new, but sits idle in my garage, because it needs parts that are no longer made, and no used ones are to be found.

So, I ask that if anyone finds a sweep for a smaller economy-type vehicle please let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Not yet for me either. I am not sure if I would want one. We have personal property tax here in VA and it's "astronomical" every year. When I had a BMW it was just leased, but you still had to pay personal property tax on it. The tax was $3200 first year on the car, $2800 second year... even now on my 2002 Lexus I pay about $250 a year. Having a new car is nice, but the price in personal property taxes where I live is just not a reason to get one. Just by driving an older car, you save a LOT of money each and every year you own it.

The Delorean is rated antique and has special status now -- because it's personal property taxes started going up -- a few years back. And since it was old enough for this status, we filed for it. It now has no personal property taxes, does not have to be registered (registration is permanent) and no inspections. There are other rules for this -- like you must have another registered vehicle and you cannot drive it to and from work. But then it only has like 3800 miles on it, so we are riding it around anyway~

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
            Not yet for me either. I am not sure if I would want one. We have personal property tax here in VA and it's "astronomical" every year. When I had a BMW it was just leased, but you still had to pay personal property tax on it. The tax was $3200 first year on the car, $2800 second year... even now on my 2002 Lexus I pay about $250 a year. Having a new car is nice, but the price in personal property taxes where I live is just not a reason to get one. Just by driving an older car, you save a LOT of money each and every year you own it.

The Delorean is rated antique and has special status now -- because it's personal property taxes started going up -- a few years back. And since it was old enough for this status, we filed for it. It now has no personal property taxes, does not have to be registered (registration is permanent) and no inspections. There are other rules for this -- like you must have another registered vehicle and you cannot drive it to and from work. But then it only has like 3800 miles on it, so we are riding it around anyway~
            oh wow a delorean? was it a win?
            our personal taxes on cars is ridiculous here also--i have a 2007 dodge caravan it runs great but taxes on it are higher than what car is worth.

Comment

The short Delorean story. We knew John Delorean casually as he went to our church in NJ and hosted parties for different things at his house. Hubby had a Jensen he loved, fixed and restored and stuff but it was always breaking down, when he tried driving it around. So I said... if you get rid of the Jensen I will buy you a Delorean for Christmas. It turned out we found one with 300 miles in Phoenix on Ebay. It still had the marks "shadows" from the crate it came over in, stored indoors, etc. Anyway I bought it on ebay (private owner), we flew to Phoenix in December and shipped it home. We were going to drive it home, but the man said he didn't think that was wise... that's when we knew "something" was wrong with it, but what? Turned out if was the fuel uptake and once the tank got down just 1/4 of the way, it stopped running.

Hubby fixed it and we drove it to the European car show in South Carolina, that was it's longest drive and how it got most of the miles on it... it now has about 3800. Hubby used to bring it to the airplane pulls at Dulles Airport they do as a charity event and we brought it to a few other car shows. We won prizes at a few of them.

We had one spot on the leather seat (drivers) and we had that repaired -- I was skeptical of the leather repair thing, but it now looks brand new where there was a multi faceted crease/mark.
              Stays in our garage, covered and insured by car collector insurance - 99% of the time now.

Overall I know would say it was an investment. Turns out we can likely easily double the money we paid for it, but for now, it's not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
                The short Delorean story. We knew John Delorean casually as he went to our church in NJ and hosted parties for different things at his house. Hubby had a Jensen he loved, fixed and restored and stuff but it was always breaking down, when he tried driving it around. So I said... if you get rid of the Jensen I will buy you a Delorean for Christmas. It turned out we found one with 300 miles in Phoenix on Ebay. It still had the marks "shadows" from the crate it came over in, stored indoors, etc. Anyway I bought it on ebay (private owner), we flew to Phoenix in December and shipped it home. We were going to drive it home, but the man said he didn't think that was wise... that's when we knew "something" was wrong with it, but what? Turned out if was the fuel uptake and once the tank got down just 1/4 of the way, it stopped running.

Hubby fixed it and we drove it to the European car show in South Carolina, that was it's longest drive and how it got most of the miles on it... it now has about 3800. Hubby used to bring it to the airplane pulls at Dulles Airport they do as a charity event and we brought it to a few other car shows. We won prizes at a few of them.

We had one spot on the leather seat (drivers) and we had that repaired -- I was skeptical of the leather repair thing, but it now looks brand new where there was a multi faceted crease/mark.
                Stays in our garage, covered and insured by car collector insurance - 99% of the time now.

Overall I know would say it was an investment. Turns out we can likely easily double the money we paid for it, but for now, it's not going anywhere.
                oh wow what a cool story-thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                X