Ridiculas Sweepstakes AND WARNING!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculas Sweepstakes AND WARNING!!!

Terminix Love Bug Sweepstakes ~~ DO NOT ENTER THIS.

~~~~~~~~~~~ in order to enter, they have you read and fill out an affadavit.

So before I did that, I wanted to read the rules so that I could see what the prizes where.
    Prizes: One Hundred (100) prizes: One (1) Cricket Crunch Bar – Milk Chocolate in associated Valentine’s Day packaging, ARV $7.00.

DO NOT ENTER THIS.

THIS IS A MAIL CHIMP SNEAKY WAY OF GETTING TO BE ABLE TO USE YOUR NAME AND INFORMATION IN ANY WAY THEY WANT FOREVER...
    BY ENTERING WITH THAT AFFADAVIT YOU ARE GIVING THEM THE RIGHT TO DO THAT.

IN FACT DO NOT ENTER ANY SWEEPSTAKES THAT ASKS YOU TO FILL OUT AN AFFADAVIT BEFORE YOU WIN!!!!

INFO BELOW BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO SEE AND MAYBE READ WHAT THEY ARE ASKING OF YOU ... FOR A CHANCE AT A $7. CANDY BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enter: https://mailchi.mp/ab728df0ac91/ptye
    Rules: https://mailchi.mp/b7abffcc971c/ptyerules

Generally my experience with Mail Chimp has all been bad, very bad. Avoid like the plague. Thanks for the heads up Jo.

Comment

my problem is not mail chimp but with the prize...chocolate covered bugs YUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by Luckycat View Post
        my problem is not mail chimp but with the prize...chocolate covered bugs YUCK!
        Seriously tho... the affadavit is really a bad thing just to enter a sweepstakes. And while the bugs are Yuck... so is this to trick people into letting them USE their info for anything they want forever via that affadavit.

Comment

Never had to provide an up-front Affy and only occasionally for a very small prize. Been known to decline the prize rather than provide the Affy, even after the win.

Comment

Ive seen a few sweeps where you have to read and agree to the rules before u can hit submit the form so possibly this is that and it looks or is worded like an affy-thx for posting

Comment

Some require a little much.

Comment

It is what you are agreeing to... that shouldn't be in an entry. Rules part...fine. Affy part...NOT ever just to enter.

Comment

Correct. it seems almost like E-Mail harvesting or worse to me. Why collect that personal information, and get liability waivers, from ALL those who enter, rather than just the winner(s)... very suspect... Terminix is a reputable company, but their legal adviser is playing super CYA with the rules and the requirments therein.
                  Last edited by d7dot; 02-08-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

There is a few versions of the Mail Chimp program available, and sadly many people and businesses have chosen to use it.

No one read the agreement ... Mail Chimp holds all the companies (and YOUR) information on the Mail Chimp servers and in the agreement it said they have the right to use that information (kind of in exchange for a free program). By the way there are paid versions too, but always your info stays on the Mail Chimp servers.

The companies that use it -- are likely are violating their own privacy policy by using it. But they didn't read the license -- and neither did whomever decided to use it inside the company. Because IF they read it, they never would have agreed to it's terms.

I read it long ago... and alerted several companies including Chobani, who in return send me a case of yogurt (yum).

Right now I CANNOT enter any contest/sweeps etc. ANYONE has that uses Mail Chimp... unless I use an alternate email address.
                    My real email has been "banned"... well, now they just say they can't take it. Why?
                    Because I insisted they remove me from their servers and not send the 300 spam emails a day.

I have an alternate email I use if I want to enter. And right now that email gets like 4 regular emails -- and up to 70 spam emails a day. Now who do you think is doing that? They sell your info, it's profitable.

Why give them the right to use it for any purpose forever just to enter a contest.

If you want to enter... always it's your choice. But just beware. I am just trying to save you a future nightmare. And who really wants that Cricket chocolate bar worth $7 anyway?

Comment

Working...
                    X