Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGTV Dream Home Giveaway Winner Reveals Why She Never Moved In

https://www.housebeautiful.com/lifes...didnt-move-in/

Emily's name got randomly drawn from 123 million entries. "It was completely surreal," she said.

another article abt same winner
    it says in part that she is a tv producer-i didnt think if you worked on a tv show that you could enter it
    https://people.com/home/winner-hgtv-...018-tells-all/

Comment

Here's something to ponder. Recently my son's friend's brother (who works for my son's friend) ... won $1 million in powerball. He didn't tell anyone (smart huh) and they would have never known except that his name was printed in the paper as a winner. My son said they took "minimal" taxes and advised him he might owe more for tax -- and gave him $668,000 (give or take). He has it stashed in the bank and is living like it's not there.

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
        Here's something to ponder. Recently my son's friend's brother (who works for my son's friend) ... won $1 million in powerball. He didn't tell anyone (smart huh) and they would have never known except that his name was printed in the paper as a winner. My son said they took "minimal" taxes and advised him he might owe more for tax -- and gave him $668,000 (give or take). He has it stashed in the bank and is living like it's not there.
        how cool is that?

here in missouri if you win a lottery it will be released to the public-your name,city you live in,where u bought tix-you have no choice. But if you live in kansas,you have a choice whether you want it released to the public or not.

Comment

Yes, it was really cool to "partially" know someone who won and so far hasn't been foolish with the money. Don't know what the rules are in VA, since I hardly ever buy any lottery type tickets... but I am guessing if he had a choice (by the way he handled it already) he would have declined to have his name listed.

Comment

Working...
          X