Upset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset

Pops had placed a big order with his new farmer, but he called him middle of day & told Pops not be able to get his order. Thought going to rain, so pickers played a NO SHOW. Pops had put a nice size deposit down, and some for the senior sale tomorrow & others to get the order size would get a cut rate. He ask guy if raining there (no). Ask if he went, could pick himself. He got directions to farm and Mark Jr dropped baby off for me & him and Kevin went with Pops.

They didn't get the full order before the rain caught them, but the guy let them have for $3 each half bushel, since was his fault. They ended up 8 bushels tomatoes & 1 bushel bell peppers.
    Mark Jr paid for 2 bushels, Kevin 2 bushels *some to use while his family down & his Mom will can the others while he does yards at the apartments tomorrow to take back home. Mae pay 1 bushel, we got 2 for Ms Amy & 1 for the senior sale. Pepper 1 basket for senior sale, & share the other basket will everyone.

That was a mess, not deal with this guy again. Pops said his field is full of ready tomatoes and no pickers. Not a good way to go. Probably our last weekend for the senior sale until a better way to get good produce. We sure didn't plan to pick ourself.

You know... Ann (my sister) was saying she was being challenged every day with something... and she hoped that her "testing" would end soon. Seems to me everyone has things every day to deal with -- this certainly was a surprise all around I am sure. At least you got what you paid for and got some very fresh produce!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
      You know... Ann (my sister) was saying she was being challenged every day with something... and she hoped that her "testing" would end soon. Seems to me everyone has things every day to deal with -- this certainly was a surprise all around I am sure. At least you got what you paid for and got some very fresh produce!
      Maybe not so upsetting, but Pops been working too hard to please everyone else.

Comment

Yes, I can imagine that. I know once something works so well, and you feel good doing it - its a disappointment when things go awry.

Comment

Working...
        X