Update on BIL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on BIL

Talked with sister this morning. He's doing pretty good in therapy. Not got up yet, working to getting a little better before trying that. But talking, and feeding himself doing a little better.Yesterday he had got someone else to dial the phone, and called her at work. So that a big improvement.

No big family dinner for this year. He'll still be in the hospital. Never know from one year to the next, if can have all the family together. So if you can enjoy your family, be sure to.

So just fix a small dinner at my own place. Just don't seem like the holidays.

2017 not the best year for my family. Praying that 2018 will be better.

Last edited by nannyv; 12-22-2017, 05:24 PM.

Those are positive signs Vera! 2017 has not bee a good year for a lot of folks. Sending prayers to yours!

Comment

Just talked with sister. Today not a good day for BIL. Didn't eat breakfast or lunch. Daughter did get him to eat his pot pie for his dinner. Said getting a little depressed since being in hospital over a month. Still working on building his upper body strength up, and leg strength. Still not able to walk yet. Prayers still much appreciated.

Comment

Keeping a good thought for your BIL and family

Comment

Hoping and praying for him. It's gotta be hard, on him and everyone who loves him!

Comment

Vera - I didn't go back through the older posts to see what your BIL is struggling , but I hope his recovery continues to progress. I guess with anything this major it can be three steps forward, one step back, but I will keep him in my thoughts for more forward steps!

Comment

Saturday after Thanksgiving was taken to hospital. ICU for a long time, stoke. Had a blood clot and other stroke since then. In his early 70's. In reg room & some therapy. But not able to eve try to walk yet. Trying to build his upper body strength up first. Seem to make a little headway, and then go backwards. Had the blood clot after they moved him to a reg room.

Comment

Just another update. Tomorrow makes 7 weeks since he first went into hospital. Last few weeks therapy (going very slow). But when talked with Sister this morning. They had him up trying the walk a little between the bars yesterday. Real rough day. Talked with her & kids now time to move him from the hospital therapy into another place for it. So they will be checking out places for this over the weekend. I just pray that they will be able to find one that will be able to help him. Appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

It sounds like they are looking for a long-term rehab, hopefully the social worker at the hospital will be able to give them a list of places to choose from, then they see if there is availability. We just went through this with MIL (she just turned 95). I'll keep your BIL in my thoughts.

Comment

Its a good sign that he is trying and they are moving him. Hopefully whatever is chosen will be helpful~

Comment

Good news to report. He was moved to a Rehab Center. They are working with him on the bars. He was even able to walk a short way using his walker in the hallway yesterday. The worker right there with him, but he made it. That was a big step for him. Letting him sit up a short while in a big chair for short periods. Another biggie for him. So we all so excited. Just praying day by day for even a small improvement.

Comment

Lovely to hear - he is working hard!

Comment

Working...
                        X