Snow, Snow & more Snow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow, Snow & more Snow

Wow, we got 5+ inches yesterday, and now we're getting another 5 to 8 inches today. I'm not even going to try to get out to my rural-type mailbox way out at the curb. Last night at 7pm UPS delivered a book "All the Beautiful Girls" from Penguin/Random Hse, so I'm staying warm & reading.

Weird weather, we had a week of above normal temps. And now you getting snow. Had to get my lawn man to already cut my grass/weeds. The azaleas, dogwoods, and blooming pear trees loaded down. My eyes itching from all that.

Comment

Rainy but "warm" here.. 55 degrees. I was actually out today walking around while the kids were playing in the driveway -- so drizzle on and off, not hard rain.
      Cannot image snow!!

Comment

Well, it's a brightly sunny winter wonderland out there! We had another 8" or so of snow on top of the 5", and now I'm completely snowed in. But it's so beautiful! Since I'm retired, I will just do a little snow-pushing off my front porch, and just wait for "someobdy" to help...no hurry. The sidewalk plow didn't even come through for the first 5", so there won't be any dog walkers going past for awhile!

And the street plow has the snowbanks almost as tall as I am out there! I managed to plod out to get my mail Saturday after all. I'm glad it's Sunday so I don't have to worry about it for at least another day! Ahhh...gotta love Minnesota winters!

Comment

As long as you are warm and cozy and have a good book to read... enjoy the peacefulness and beauty of it all! It'll be gone soon enough!

Comment

Brightly sunny and going up to 40 today. This week, they are saying it should go above freezing every day. I surely hope so. I am still 100% snowbound. Even the sidewalk plow has not come through here. My next-door neighbor flew to Hawaii yesterday to get away from all this snow. Ah well, I still have more good books to read.

Comment

Well, it's already melting if it's 40---- just might take a while for all those inches to disappear. Glad you still stocked with books to read!!

Comment

The weatherman just said 3" have melted; only 13" more to go! It will hit 42 degrees today & is brightly sunny. It's actually fun watching the snow melt. The sidewalk plow finally came through, & I might be able to get out to my mailbox for the first time since Saturday. Ah, Spring can't be too far off now!

Comment

Yes... spring will be here before you know it... (I hope!).

Comment

The snow continues to slowly melt. Air quality is bad (and stagnant) today, so they're saying to stay inside if possible. I surely will. But USPS & UPS are both going to deliver book wins today, so I'm being watchful.

Comment

We got about 12" of 'heart attack' snow overnight. I did some shoveling - the front porch, stairs & front walk & Rich took care of the driveway, sidewalk & patio with the snowblower.
                      We have a few days off from snow but more expected next weekend.

Comment

Cool and breezy, but won't complain. At least no snow for us. Got my light bill yesterday, and that sure looked good. The month before was about $100 more than this time. That was because of all the snow that hung around on rooftops and yards. Thank goodness Spring be here soon, so should be getting better weather then

Comment

Sunny & melting again today! They're predicting snow tonight & the next day or so, but I'm surely hoping not. I'm enjoying watching all the snow melting & so ready for Spring! I know it's only March, but I'm hopeful!

Comment

Well, now we're back in the deep freeze. It's brightly sunny again, but not getting above freezing. Omg, it's awful plodding out to my mailbox in snow up to my knees. And the road plows have my mailbox half buried in icy "snow boulders." My upper driveway and garage are still snowed in. I'm so glad I'm retired and don't mind being housebound for awhile longer.

Comment

Sunny but COLD here -- kids go out to play but come in ... in about 20 minutes! It's in the 30's out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X