Major Spring Blizzard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Spring Blizzard

Oh my gosh, we're having a whiteout blizzard, with 1 to 2 FEET of snow predicted.

Yesterday was a nice dry day, and I was able to do some yardwork, and then my daughter drove me around to do some shopping and errands in the early evening.

But now I am snowbound again. The weatherman said we will be spending this coming weekend "digging out."

I hope your weather is better than this odd April mess!

I was wondering if this storm was going to affect you Audrey.
    I have friends in Cheyenne Wyoming and schools were dismissed early - they are supposed to get a foot.
    We had a few flakes this morning but melted as soon as it hit the ground, so my snow shovel can stay put away.

Comment

I heard it was going to be a snowy one for the west/midwest. I guess that means you Audrey!!

Comment

Oh no Audrey, at least your daughter took you out to shop yesterday. Hope you stocked up good. It says spring on the calendar, but looks like old man winter don't want to leave you guys up there. Not cold here, but messy. Pops said had had rain all the way back home, so glad he drove in the daylight hours. This was one happy lady when I woke up and found him home.

Comment

Can't wait to hear more about this!! How's your inside friend -- did he/she decide to leave once they thought it was spring?

Comment

I haven't seen nor heard anything further from the possum lately. The opening left by the gas connection, which I had blocked, was somehow pushed open. I think the critter did it and left.

I sincerely hope it doesn't come back now that we're buried in snow again. But it's supposed to start melting quickly by this weekend, and should be in the 60s next week. The weatherman said from then on, we will only have occasional rain showers. Spring at long last? I certainly hope so!

Comment

Audrey hope your weatherman is right. Know you are ready for warmer weather, and getting outside.

Comment

Right now, it's hard to believe warmer weather is coming. It's barely above freezing, extremely windy, and there is no way I can get out to my mailbox. The snow is too deep, the street plows piled up big snowbanks along the curb, and the sidewalk plows have not come through yet.

Last night, the USPS truck delivered at 7:25 pm, and with the strong wind and snow, it was (and is) impossible to go out there.

The wind has blown down branches in my yard, so I will have lots of yardwork to do once this snow melts. What a mess.

Anyway, I'm not going to even try to get my mail tonight, either. It will just have to sit out there.

Comment

Wow... that's amazing for mid April. Hope it's over for the year now!

Comment

Amazing all the different weather in the US. We suppose to go even higher than yesterday. This morning when I checked the plants Pops and I had worked a little on yesterday, looked like they "smiling". Settling in well. Each year when my lilies come back they seem to spread. Pops had dug up a few of those and took in a large tray and took to Ms Amy. He had built her a planter than hangs over the rail on her front porch a few years ago, so got those planted in it for her. That way she can manage to take care of up high and stand with her walker right on porch. She told Pops would be special since part of our batch, would always have something to think about us. We know her and neighbor sits on porch when weather nice.
                    Last edited by nannyv; 04-12-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Still snowing...

Comment

The snow turned to light rain, then stopped long enough for me to plod out to get my mail (3 days' worth). I also shovel-pushed my porch clear. Now the thawing begins, and it is a heavy wet mess out there.

The sidewalk plow never came through, so nobody can walk there. What a strange spring we're having, but now they're predicting warmer temperatures, into the 50s and 60s. I may even get to sit on my porch with my coffee soon!

Comment

Glad to hear the snow finally stopped - come on, spring!

Comment

Working...
                          X