ice storm on its way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ice storm on its way

Earlier boss called me to tell me to not come into work tomorrow because of the ice storm thats supposed to get worse tonight. I brought in my neighbors cat-i let him stay in the part of the house my other cats have no idea that theres more to the house lol. He's nice and warm and fed! This morning i wasnt feeling well but decided to go into work-i was abt to get out of my neighborhood when i saw a car in the ditch-took it as a sign and went around the block and went back home. This afternoon i went to move car closer to house and car was already covered in ice. I threw bread for squirrels and birds and watched the bread slide down the driveway. They were saying that the heaviest of the ice was expected around midnight and then snow after that. Ive got plenty of food for me and cats-hopefully power doesn't go out-just in case im charging my phone to use it as a flashlight and cranking the heat up.

Stay safe. This weather is unbelievable. We break high temps today 77 degrees And now you an ice storm. What a winter!!

Comment

wow its really coming down though-although it sounds like hail and with thunder and lightening..not a good mix and its below freezing 26 degrees

Comment

We have another morning of slick roads, but nothing like what you are going through.
        I hope your power has stayed on and you & the cats are warm.

Comment

Wow, stay safe all you folks. We lived through a lot of that when we lived in Rochester. Here we have a delightful 7 day forecast.

Comment

We are overcast and rainy. But it's 50 degrees out there. Today we have errands to run and then hubby has plans to work on the maintenance of the tractors and ATV, etc. He did the generator before the season started so it should be fine.

Feel bad for those in the ICE areas -- so go get those entries in or read a good book!!

Comment

Well i just went downstairs and found the car in a block of ice. Man its frigid outside 14 degrees but its windy so it feels like -15. I used some hacks that i found today and did NO ice scraping at all! So i had hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle-got at dollar tree. I sprayed just a little on windows and mirrors. Then got into car-cranked heat on,turned defrost on then i pulled down both shades and within only 10 minutes nearly all ice and snow was off the glass!! I didnt know abt the shades until i saw it on the news today. When u turn on defrost-the air coming out of front vents goes up towards the open shades and goes back to windows so it will defrost front windows alot faster!
              Btw i have power & heat-it never went out thankfully!
              I saw the poor mail girl-she delivered my postage stamps-whee!! Nearest po is out in the country abt 1/2 hour from me on a NICE day. She didnt know abt the hydrogen trick so i told her im going to pick up a bottle for her. She said the roads were terrible today. I think i'll probably be calling in tomorrow as my driveway and the streets are like rinks. I had to use cardboard to get to my car door and even then it was sliding. I've seen no snow plows at all. A few of them flipped over yesterday.
              Did you see the school bus on the news that flipped over yesterday?? that was very close to where i live. I'll post the video of it. On board was the driver of course and 3 kids including 1 in a wheelchair-injuries were minor they said.
              https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...tys-south-side

While i was seeing if that peroxide would even work i came across some other uses for it-most i knew abt but i never knew abt using it for sinuses...anyway just thought i would share it here:

1 Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe.) No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help get rid of boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors. There is no smearing, which is why I love it so much for this.

14. Another place it's great is in the bathroom, if someone has been careless & has wet on the floor around the toilet & it's begun to smell of urine. Just put some peroxide in a spray bottle & spray. In the blink of any eye all the smell will be gone & the bacteria eliminated!

Comment

Working...
              X