Snow!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow!

Snow was supposed to start about 4PM and it did.. but it's really light so far and we only have a dusting in almost an hour -- we are in the band that one station is reporting 8-12" -- as we are close to Washington, DC. And where our office is... only predicting 4-8" -- that's unusual as it almost always gets more snow than we do just 18 miles away.

We have seen many birds (I put out food for them) and animals going thru the yard, so my guess is they are going to wherever their "spot" is for weathering a snow storm. People are walking their dogs early.. etc.

I hope it comes and then goes ... so that we have no issues leaving on Tuesday for Florida.
    Our office is by the airport, so if we have to and we might -- we could stop by there before we leave -- our plane is thankfully afternoon and not the usual "break of dawn" flight we wind up on.

The land we looked at the other day -- is now under contract as my son has made the offer and it was accepted and now it's just the regular stuff that has to happen.
    They are supposed to close on Jan 18th... my birthday and while hubby and I are still in Florida.

I hope the snowfall is less than predicted and well over with before you need to leave - I bet you will appreciate FL even more after going through this weather.

Comment

It's about 1-2" now. And snow is coming down nicely -- looks beautiful out there.

Comment

Wonderful news for your son. He'll still be close. Snow better not get bad. You deserve a special birthday.

Comment

Here in the Twin Cities of MN, we are still enjoying our January Thaw. It will be 34 - 36 degrees. Dry, partly sunny, no windchill. No snow in sight, thankfully.

Comment

This morning there was about 5-6" -- and it's still snowing on and off. Falling off the trees and 34 degrees right now. The street looks cleaned off.
            Since I live on a private road - that means whoever they hired went down it at least once.

Tried to get a picture of the crow picking up all the bread scraps I threw out while being "bird deep" in the snow ~~ but he flew off before I could get the picture. Did put a few pictures of the snow on instagram.
            We have no plans to go out, nor do we need to -- so we are just enjoying the "whiteness" of it. Haven't seen anyone going in or out so far either.

I need to do yesuwon posts ahead so that while I am away they'll just post like I am here -- and on Monday we'll have a list of things to take care of before we go (we leave on Tuesday afternoon), but nothing critical.

Comment

Rain here for me.

Comment

More snow here. Bet we're up to 8" now.

Comment

I saw your photos, very peaceful.
                  it's supposed to be quiet weatherwise this week, but 7-14" this weekend then bitter cold - running away to FL with you, Jo!

Comment

Yes, we will be at Universal Studios this time.

Comment

bye jo have a wonderful WARM time! We'll miss you! Hope u come home to alot of nice wins!!

Comment

Thanks... won't be online if I can help it. Will try and clean out emails to see if I have wins!!
                        Still haven't figured out how NOT to bring our heavy coats all the way to Florida, since it's like 28 outside!
                        Cleaning emails.. hubbys packing his stuff -- never likes to do things in advance! I am usually done the week before.

We have 2 hours before we leave for airport (only about 15 miles away).

Comment

Have a safe trip and Happy Birthday.

Comment

Working...
                          X