Day Turned Out Nice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Turned Out Nice

Baby and Lisa got to our house around 5:30 He brought in a dish with snacks: Ritz Crackers, small pieces of cheese, turkey and ham. Then a bowl of chunks of fresh pineapple.I had took shower after Pops and I eat.

Had mixed a bowl of cookie dough and put in frig for him and Lisa to bake. He like the ones he can help decorate. So had mixed up bowl of gingerbread ones. They rolled them in little sticks and then twisted them in pretzel shapes. Baby put blue spinkles on some and red on others.

Had his snack after baking and even some of the cookies with milk in front of fireplace. Him and Lisa both in bed now, but had a good day. Has a bag of cookies to take and share tomorrow at snack time. Having a little party for Veterans Day, Him and Mom home on Monday.

Today turned out good.
    Last edited by nannyv; 11-09-2018, 01:50 AM.

Glad you had a nice time. How are you feeling today?

Comment

Thanks for asking, doing lots better. Ate breakfast, all but bacon.. Looking forward to a good day. Noticed turkeys are 27 cents a lb, but $25 order to get (2). Pops and I will go get that. Would like to have one to take Ms Amy and Little Princess when take Christmas Stuff. Ms Amy enjoyed it so much when we fixed the turkey dinner there.. Said better than any present could give them. So hope to do that again this year.

If Pops gets an order also have another turkey to donate for basket at center and 1 to fix my house. Mary called, so another disappointment. Only 1 day off work for Thanksgiving, so can't meet in Savannah as planned. Going to have training in FL this year, so taking normal holiday time from them. I could of cried, we all had looked forward to this. But her job has to come first.
      Last edited by nannyv; 11-09-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Glad you are feeling better.

Sorry about Mary -- and the job ruining the planned holiday.

Comment

I'll miss them Jo, but know your job comes first. When she got the transfer to FL, was a blessing for her and kids. Having a rough time. They live in a nice apartment now, and kids gets to do things didn't have the money for here. Maybe in spring make some plans.

Comment

Yes, I get it. There are many family members I love to spend time with, but other things ... like distance, work and obligations get in the way (mine or theirs).
            However it seems like the move was good for them and I am glad for that!

Comment

Originally posted by TOYSTORY View Post
              Yes, I get it. There are many family members I love to spend time with, but other things ... like distance, work and obligations get in the way (mine or theirs).
              However it seems like the move was good for them and I am glad for that!
              Jo, Mary just a special friend *single parent. One boy and 1 girl (Nick and Sally).. When first met her, she was having a rough go, but the job her they planned a new part right outside of Jacksonville, and offered her manager. Was a rough go for awhile, since knew nobody there. But worked thru that and now have a 2 bedroom apartment in nice area. Kids fianlly adjusted in. They kinda think of
              Pops and I as Grands. Sally even said she will come to college down here *her idea since just started Middle School this year. These old people might not be around then.
              Last edited by nannyv; Today, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Glad to see you continue your friendship despite the distance --- and that you have really become part of their family.

Comment

Working...
                X